[Insight-developers] Fix in 3.20 or 4?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 10 10:05:32 EDT 2010

On 08/10/2010 09:20 AM, Dženan Zukić wrote:
> I found a minor bug in TriangleMeshToBinaryImageFilter. I already
> reported it in Mantis (number: 11105), and it its fix is quite
> obvious. However, should this fix go to 3.20.x branch or v4 branch?

The patch should be applied as a commit based on v3.20.0.  Then
it can be merged into both the release branch and master.  This
is one of the advantages of distributed version control.  Work
can start from any point in history (even as far back as the
commit that introduced the bug).  No more manual copying of
patches to each branch with the bug :)

> If it should go to 3.20 branch, to whom should I send the diff?

Attach it to the bug or post it here.  I can put it in the release
branch for you.

> what would be most convenient way to manage git repos on windows?
> I tried TortoiseGit and I could not get it to work (Win7 x64).

Did you install MSysGit too?  TortoiseGit requires it.  I do not
know off the top of my head whether the installer comes with both.
Git instructions and tutorials are almost all command-line based,
so just MSysGit may be better for learning.  Later you can switch
to TortoiseGit once you understand how to map the concepts.

-Brad