[Insight-developers] Renames in ITK history :)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 10 16:48:09 EDT 2010

On 08/10/2010 04:20 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> I may have other changes I am not ready to commit. So what specific
> commit do I use just for these chamnges.

Running the "git mv" or the 3-step equivalent sequence will stage
the changes for commit.  At any time you can run

 $ git status

It reports what changes are staged for commit and what changes
appear in the work tree that are not staged.  It also prints
instructions on how to stage more changes or unstage them.
When the stage looks correct, run

 $ git commit

to commit everything that is staged.  Modified-but-not-staged
changes will be ignored.

-Brad