[Insight-developers] simplex mesh topological operators

Alexandre GOUAILLARD agouaillard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 03:03:34 EDT 2010

hi michel,

the simplex mesh code is one of the very first contribution to the
toolkit roughly 10 years ago and it seems to be showing it s age here
and then ( the segmentation based on simplex meshes in tk does not
take into account spacing, move the mesh out of the image and so on).

Note that simplex / triangular meshes being dual, both topologies are
included by default in a QuadEdgeMesh. THe only thing that could be
missing (depending on what you do) is the container for the geometry
of the dual mesh (depending on your point of view, each can be primal
or dual).

What algorithm did you have in mind ?

I'm re-motivating myself to work on QuadEdgeMesh (thanks to dan for
pointing out a nice algorithm I'd like to work on) and that could be
of interest to me too ;-) I could definitly help with the design, and
even implement some.

regards,

alex.