[Insight-developers] simplex mesh topological operators

Michel Audette michel.audette at kitware.com
Wed Aug 18 10:38:30 EDT 2010

Hi Alex,

depends how much of the implementation that I have to do and what
timeline you have in mind. I am on a tight schedule to produce
neurosurgery simulation results by end of December (for a NIH year-end
report on which year 2 funding hinges), which includes surface and tet
meshing, and integration with Total Lagrangian Explicit Dynamics
biomechanics, as well as get some haptic results with a 6 and 7 dof
device that will be delivered shortly. This is on year 1 of a 2-year
phase 1 budget. I would have more resources to allocate to this in
year 2 of my phase 1, which will start in March next year, assuming
the funding is renewed (but by then you are likely to have much of it
implemented, I assume).

[As for the tetrahedralization, I have a good rapport with Nikos
Chrisochoides, and in any event, I have some source by Alexander Fuchs
that produces tets with very good edge length control that I can use.
]

Do you plan on getting a start right away, or do this over the course of V4?

Best wishes,

Michel

--
Michel Audette, Ph.D.