[Insight-developers] Adding C# wrapping to SimpleITK, then ITKv4

Alexandre GOUAILLARD agouaillard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 13:19:08 EDT 2010

Hi dan,

I just wanted to mention that wrapITK is also going to be improved to
include C# wrapping. The main designer will be our own Gaetan, and the
original proposal was to use full swig and to reuse your work on
managedITK. It will co-exist with simpleITK and will give access to a
different granularity level of ITK. wrapITK will give access to
classes and method whereas simpleITK will give you access to some
higher level, possibly functional layer.

We put the early thoughts on wrapITK enhancements on this webpage
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Wrapping, and we would very
welcome your feedback, especially regarding C#. I can send you the
original wrapITK enhancement proposal off the list if you want.

best regards.

alex.