[Insight-developers] Some git questions (itk.org vs github)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 10:04:37 EDT 2010

Hi,

  I am still struggling to understand git.

  Let's say that I have clone the itk.org/ITK.git repository. I have
patched it to add GDCM 2.x. However I would like to push those changes
not to itk.org as explained on (*) but instead to my github fork of
ITK: http://github.com/malaterre/ITK
  The reasoning is that the changes are quites large and I'd like to
publish the change out to my coworkers for review.

  Questions:
- Does this seems reasonable ? Or should I prefer using a branch and
push directly to itk.org ?
- How would one do it ?

Thanks a bunch !
--