[Insight-developers] semi-Lagrangian warping

Kwame Kutten kkutten1 at jhmi.edu
Wed Aug 25 11:21:45 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am working on an implementation of semi-Lagrangian integration in ITK.  (See "Semi-Lagrangian Integration Schemes for Atmospheric Models" by Stanforth and Cote for a description)  Semi-Lagrangian integration is one of the key components of LDDMM registration (Miller et. al.). My filter will be a derived from the WarpImageFilter and will take the form...

SemiLagrangianWarpImageFilter<TInputImage, TOutputImage, TVelocityFieldSequence>

It will take an input image (N-D), warp it using a time-sequence of velocity fields (N+1)-D, before returning an output image (N-D).  I just want to check if something like this already exists.  I am fairly new to filter writing and would be glad to have your suggestions.