[Insight-developers] JPEG2000ImageIO moved to Review : Input images too large...

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Aug 25 16:17:41 EDT 2010

Luis,

I just did the following to get the JPEG2000 test working:

victoria:ITK blowek1$ cd Testing/Data/
victoria:Data blowek1$ git checkout 1eb70beedde43
Previous HEAD position was bc9550f... added baseline images for HessianToObjectnessMeasure
HEAD is now at 1eb70be... Added input images for JPEG2000ImageIO tests.
victoria:Data blowek1$ cd ../..
victoria:ITK blowek1$ git status
# On branch exp
# Changed but not updated:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
#
#	modified:   Testing/Data (new commits)
#
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#	Code/Review/itkJPEG2000ImageIO.cxx.orig
#	Code/Review/itkSliceBySliceImageFilter.h.orig
#	Code/Review/itkSliceBySliceImageFilter.txx.orig
no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")
victoria:ITK blowek1$ git commit Testing/Data
[exp 113fc37] Adding reference to newly commited JPEG2000 in data submodule

Here is to a greener dashboard tomorrow!

Brad

On Aug 21, 2010, at 8:48 PM, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> Hi Kishore,
>
> Now that we have updated openjpeg  to Monday's
> version of openjpeg-v2, we were also able to move
> the JPEG2000ImageIO classes from the
> Insight Journal paper:
>
> http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/741
> http://hdl.handle.net/10380/3187
>

> BTW: Thanks for submitting the paper     :-)
>

> We are however, struggling with the input images,
> since they are rather large.
>
> So far we have committed only the images
>
> Bretagne1.j2k ---- 90Kb
> Cevennes2.jp2 ---- 18Kb
>
> The others are larger than 100Kb....
>

> The conundrum is that, we actually should test
> with very large images, given that this is one
> of the purposes of introducing JPEG2000.
>

> Any ideas are welcome....
>
> In the meantime, if you have a chance, please
> give it a try at the new code in ITK/Code/Review.
>

>    Thanks
>

>         Luis
>

> <ATT00001..txt>

Bradley Lowekamp