[Insight-developers] CMakeLists.txt manual uncrustify

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Thu Aug 26 09:37:55 EDT 2010

http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=11175

The next step in removing end-of-lines is to run through all the
CMakeLists.txt files and clean them up.

I would like to propose that we also change all the key words to lower case.
The primary reason for this is that all documentation for CMakeLists.txt now
shows the key words as lower case.  Even the printed ³Mastering CMake v5²
uses lower case.  I¹ve come across this several times in my class where
students stumble over the fact that the documentation about Cmake does not
match the implementation in ITK.

I have a script (a wrapper around a vim macro) written that can make these
substituions reliably (Tested on the BRAINS tree, the Slicer3 tree, and the
ITK tree without causing any errors).

=====================
I¹ve discussed this with several people in the community, and have not yet
received any negative feedback (mostly just neutral feedback, and one
adamant positive feedback).

Provided that no negative feedback requesting further discussion is
recieved:  My plan is to make these changes, test, and push to the
repository before next Tuesdays meeting.

Regards,
Hans
--
Hans J. Johnson, Ph.D.