[Insight-developers] CMake Export / Code Review of GDCM integration (without gerrit)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 10:50:42 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> On 08/26/2010 04:29 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> However now export_library_dependencies
>
> That command is ancient, should not be used, and does not produce
> the error you describe.  Do you mean install(EXPORT)?

Correct. Sorry for the confusion.

>> complains that itkzlib /
>> itkopenjpeg are not part of the export target 'GDCMExport'. In order
>> to fix the symptoms I had to apply the following:
>>
>> http://github.com/malaterre/ITK/commit/f2b6ec745b9ff9b1a62d1dfc4354299b6952d1ac
>>
>>   Is there another way so that I do not have to touch the current
>> settings of itkzlib/itkexpat/itkopenjpeg ?
>
> When GDCM is built inside of ITK it should not invoke install(EXPORT)
> at all.  The ITK-built GDCM should not claim to be a regular GDCM.
> Really ITK should be exporting all its targets too.  The utility
> libraries should all have configurable names to hand to the EXPORT
> option of their install(TARGETS) calls.  Then a single "ITKTargets"
> export will have everything.

I am not sure I am following your point here.

"GDCM is built inside of ITK it should not invoke install(EXPORT)"

and

"libraries should all have configurable names to hand to the EXPORT"

Here is what I did:

http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,24

Thanks for comments,
--