[Insight-developers] Extrapolating vector images

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Mon Aug 30 07:11:40 EDT 2010

Hi Kwame and Luis,

My feeling is that the ExtrapolateImageFunction should work with
vector images. If not, I would consider this to be a bug.

As far as I understand it, the "Vector" versions of the
Interpolate/ExtrapolateImageFunctions only exist for historical
reasons (lack of partial template specialization on VS6). Now that VS6
is gone, I'd rather get rid of all these "vector" classes as proposed
in the ITK 4.0 wish list:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Wish_List#Image_Registration

Just to make my point, you may look at the
LinearInterpolateImageFunctionTest unit test that uses the standard
LinearInterpolateImageFunction to interpolate vector images:
http://github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/Testing/Code/Common/itkLinearInterpolateImageFunctionTest.cxx

Kwame: If anything really forbids the use of vector images in
ExtrapolateImageFunction, could you please file a bug report:
http://www.itk.org/Bug/my_view_page.php

Thanks,
Tom