[Insight-developers] First commit to Gerrit ... Now what?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 31 08:58:03 EDT 2010

On 08/30/2010 06:14 PM, Johnson, Hans J wrote:
> I just made my first commit to Gerrit following the recipe:
> http://www.visualizationtoolkit.org/Wiki/ITK/Gerrit
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow, I haven't seen use of that domain in a while.  Do you have
an old bookmark?

> The new topic is located at:  http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,29
>
> This is in response to the ticket item:
> http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=11175
>
> Please let me know what the next steps are.  I don't quite understand
> how topics make it from Gerrit to origin/master.

Currently we're using Gerrit only for code review and discussion.
You can request reviewers through Gerrit's interface.

After that the topic should still be handled manually, preferably
through the topic stage.

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git#Topic_Stage

-Brad