[Insight-developers] Mailing List

Holmes, David R. III, Ph.D. [RO RM1-24] Holmes.David3 at mayo.edu
Tue Aug 31 11:36:23 EDT 2010

Colleagues-

I just thought I'd comment on the recent activity on the developers
mailing list.  Although I don't post very often, I do keep an eye on the
mailing list to keep up to date and look for new insight journal
articles.

With the recent funding of ITK-v4, the developers list has now become a
mailing list for two distinct activities - (1) developer "support" of
ITKv3 and IJ submissions relating to ITKv3 and (2) discussion on the new
ITKv4 architecture and related activities (GDCM/SimpleITK/etc).  While I
am incredibly interested in both topics, I am not sure that mixing them
is the best idea.  It will be more difficult to search for relevant
information for either v3 or v4.

Perhaps you have already had this discussion and it is more efficient to
keep them as one, but I just thought I'd add my two cents.  From what I
have seen, ITKv4 will be a very nice update.

Thanks

david

David R Holmes III

Biomedical Imaging Resource Core Facility Director

Department of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering

Mayo Clinic College of Medicine

Ph:  507-266-4250       Fax:  507-284-1632

holmes.david3 at mayo.edu <mailto:holmes.david3 at mayo.edu>