[Insight-developers] NumericTraits for DiffusionTensor3D

Luke Bloy luke.bloy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 16:03:57 EST 2010

I have recently discovered the pain of maintaining local modifications
to the ITK trunk. To allieviate this pain I am now in the process of
going through my local modifications and either submitting them upstream
or refactoring them out.

I work predominantly in diffusion imaging and have found that the itk
diffusion tensor classes don't always play nicely with the other classes
in ITK, so this is what most of these submissions will concern.

So here is the first one.

There is no NumericTraits support of the itkDiffusionTensor3D class. I
have just filed a bug report (http://www.itk.org/Bug/view.php?id=10315)
and attached a patch and the NumericTraits files (also attached here).

All tests are passing (I can't seem to find a URL to my build on the
Dashboard).

I'm in the process of requesting CVS write access, so will hopefully be
able to commit these changes, regardless I'd obviously like to get some
feedback from the list on these submissions.

If all goes well there should be a few more of these.

Cheers,
Luke