[Insight-developers] running CPD on Insight/Code

Arnaud GELAS arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 23 13:51:39 EDT 2010

  Hans,

I slightly modified the script bin/cpd.sh (attached).
Here are the supported extensions for c++ files: ".h", ".c", ".cpp",
".cxx", ".cc", ".C" (this will have to be modified at some point). Then
you just need to change the extension of your files to follow the patterns.

Then, I ran
./cpd.sh /path/to/Insight/Code 500

Note that with this current version it will include recursively all
subdirectories of Code, and it will detect even more duplications if you
let the review directory (especially with the statistics).

There are additional options to play with like ignoreLiterals and
ignoreIdentifiers... And it is not clear to me what means the
minimumtokencount parameters (it might be in terms of number of
characters?).

I am trying to change some files to be able to directly handle txx
files, but I am not a java expert. So I would appreciate some help on
that one...

Best,
Arnaud