[Insight-developers] git and dashboard

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Thu Jul 29 06:10:02 EDT 2010

Hi Brad,

I have a few questions about git and/or the dashboard.

* ctest doesn't seem to change the branch to nightly-master. I may
have misunderstood your previous mail, but I thought it would be done
automatically if itk_common.cmake was used.

* what is the oldest possible git version? I have a host running git
1.6.2.5 and it doesn't seem to support the command

   git checkout nightly-master

I tried with

   git checkout origin/nightly-master

but there is no local branch called nightly-master

   [glehmann at brian ITK]$ git checkout origin/nightly-master
   Note: moving to 'origin/nightly-master' which isn't a local branch
   If you want to create a new branch from this checkout, you may do so
   (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:
     git checkout -b <new_branch_name>
   HEAD is now at 2361e5c... KWSys Nightly Date Stamp
   [glehmann at brian ITK]$ git branch
   * (no branch)
     master

Should I use the -b option and create the local branch? Would it be
updated as expected then?

* I think it would be nice to put

   set(ENV{LC_ALL} C)

in itk_common.cmake to make sure that non english speakers won't
submit non english error messages on the dashboard (at least on unix
systems).

* valgrind options and environment don't seem to be set automatically
by itk_common.cmake - it would help a lot the testers to do that when
dashboard_do_memcheck is ON. At this time I'm using

   set(ENV{GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW} 1)
   set(ENV{GLIBCPP_FORCE_NEW} 1)
   set( dashboard_cache "
     MEMORYCHECK_COMMAND_OPTIONS:STRING=--trace-children=yes --quiet --
tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes --show-reachable=yes --num-callers=100
--verbose --demangle=yes --suppressions=${CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY}/
CMake/InsightValgrind.supp
     "
     )

but I'm not sure it's still the best options.

Regards,

Gaëtan

--
Gaëtan Lehmann