[Insight-developers] Best practices for contributing to ITK

Daniel Blezek Blezek.Daniel at mayo.edu
Fri Jul 30 15:14:38 EDT 2010

Hi Hans,

  I took a look at your proposed workflow.  I too have been learning a git,
and found the chapter in the ProGit book very helpful for understanding the
ways in which git can be used by development teams.  The workflow you
outlined is more-or-less what we would have done in CVS (minus the
branching).  I would suggest having a look into this chapter on Git.

http://progit.org/book/ch5-0.html

I have to admit I don¹t really know what would work out the best for ITK,
but I think there is much power in Git that we should leverage.

Best,
-dan

--
Daniel Blezek, PhD
Medical Imaging Informatics Innovation Center

P 127 or (77) 8 8886
T 507 538 8886
E blezek.daniel at mayo.edu

Mayo Clinic
200 First St. S.W.
Harwick SL-44
Rochester, MN 55905
mayoclinic.org
"It is more complicated than you think." -- RCF 1925