[Insight-developers] Status of the ITK 3.18 Release

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Mar 1 17:59:39 EST 2010

Hi John,

The ITK 3.18 release is stuck on finding a replacement
for the linear solvers that we use from VNL/VXL.

The code that we are currently using for solving linear
equations is copyrighted by ACM and its license precludes
commercial use. (therefore it is not compatible with ITK's
license, and has to be removed).

We have been looking at another linear solvers, but have
not got to the point where we have a suitable replacement.

You will find a summary of our exploration in the following
Wiki page:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:Sparse_Linear_Solvers

We will appreciate any suggestions,

       Thanks,