[Insight-developers] Still bug in Mesh Filters ?

J.Menssen at cukz.umcn.nl J.Menssen at cukz.umcn.nl
Mon Mar 8 03:58:31 EST 2010

Hello

I'm working on a ITK project using the ITKSimplexMesh3DFilter and
itkSimplexMeshAdaptTopologyFilter.
I'm using the latest versions of itk (cvs archive) because I read in the
ITK bug-tracker
database there were bugs in these filters (bug 0009554)
Maybe there are still bugs in these filters

Inspecting the code (itkSimplexMesh3DFilter::ComputeOutput), I read the
following

::ComputeOutput()
{
  OutputMeshType * output = this->GetOutput();

  this->CopyInputMeshToOutputMeshPoints();
  this->CopyInputMeshToOutputMeshPointData();
  this->CopyInputMeshToOutputMeshCells();
  this->CopyInputMeshToOutputMeshCellData();

  output->SetGeometryData(this->m_Data);
  output->SetLastCellId( this->GetInput(0)->GetLastCellId() );
}

My Questions about these are
1)	Why are the Cell links not copied, there is a routine
		CopyInputMeshtoOutpoutMeshCellLinks
2)	The pointer to the GeometryData is copied, not the content. Why
not the content, now
		it's possible to delete the original data (when
reference count of the input data becomes 0, it's impossible to access
these data in a next stage of a program

Kind regards

Jan Menssen
Klinisch Fysisch Medewerker
Universitair Medisch Centrum St Radboud
Klinisch Fysisch Lab - Kindergeneeskunde
Huispost 833, route 833
Postbus 9101
6500 HB Nijmegen
Telefoon: (024) 36 19063
E-mail J.Menssen at cukz.umcn.nl
http://www.umcn.nl <http://www.umcn.nl/>

Het UMC St Radboud staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in het handelsregister onder nummer 41055629.
The Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre is listed in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce under file number 41055629.