[Insight-developers] warnings in vnl_math

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Mar 15 13:32:42 EDT 2010

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks a lot for looking at this problem.

I just added the -Wconversion flag to the Nightly
builds from "eldorado.kitware" (Release and Debug).

They use gcc 4.4.1.

Regarding Third Party libraries:

             We do warning fixes on them.

This is one of the reasons why updating third party
libraries is a pain, and why we don't make such
updates very often.  It means that we have to merge
our changes (e.g. warning fixes) with the new code
that comes from the update of the library.

Ideally our fixes should be submitted to the development
team of the third party library, to be integrated with their
code base, but this is not always easy to achieve....

For the case of VXL, this is not too difficult, since we
VXL community is quite close to us.  So, my suggestion
will be to keep track of the changes we made to VXL
related to warning fixes, and to submit them to the vxl
developers list.