[Insight-developers] Linear algebra licensing and ITK 3.18 Release

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue Mar 23 10:11:44 EDT 2010

I think perhaps the problem with incorporating LGPL code is that while LPGL
doesn't force all derivative works to be open source, I think it is not
fully compatible with a BSD-style public domain license. I'm not a lawyer
and would sooner eat broken glass tacos than pore over the license text, but
I think that's the gist of it.

GPL is like abstinence-only sex-education in that both try to enforce an
unrealistic ideal. That's my only point.  And if you're in France, the US
debate over things like sex education probably looks complètement fous.