[Insight-developers] ITK Dashboard: ImageRegistration20Test: Time outs

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Mar 25 10:46:12 EDT 2010

The new example ImageRegistration20
is timing out in some machines,

when it is run as a nightly test:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=2&name=ImageRegistration20Test&date=2010-03-25

This is a 3D affine registration, so it is more
demanding that most of the other tests.

However, it is such a common image registration
scenario, that we really want to keep this as an
example, and as a nightly test.

When run in Release mode, this test takes
between 1 minute and three minutes, depending
on the platform where it is run.

The timeouts are all happening in builds in Debug
mode. (for more than 1500 seconds: 25minutes)

As an attempt to get this test to run in Debug
platforms we have added the SERIAL property
to it, with the hope that by using all the available
cores/processors it may be able to run under the
allotted time.

If this doesn't do the trick, then we probably should
consider disabling this test in Debug builds.

    Any thoughts ?