[Insight-developers] Matlab Transform Reader ByteSwap bug + vxl?

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Mon Nov 1 12:02:57 EDT 2010

This refers to a bug report I made and assigned to myself:

I had a proposed patch to VXL, that implemented this fix. I logged a bug on
the VXL tracker and the committed my patch to their repository:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/vxl/ticket/25

But the ITK/Utilities/vxl version has apparently never been updated.

My fixes to the TransformFileReader have been in Code/Review since August
2007, and I don't know if they're candidates for pushing to ITKV4.  In the
context of patching/remerging VXL I don't know if supporting code in
Code/Review is a good enough reason.

But as I'm trying to close old ITK bugs in Mantis, so I need to know if
there's any plan to pull forward a newer VXL as part of ITKV4.

Alternatively I could patch the current VXL in Utilites.

And since this has beena round for 2 years in Review, can/will it be moved
to ITKv4 proper?