[Insight-developers] Should we use a Gerrit or a non-Gerrit branch for mid-term dev?

Michael Stauffer (Circular Logic) mstauff at verizon.net
Mon Nov 1 17:27:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

We're preparing to add some significant changes to the registration code
for ITK 4.

Should we create a separate main topic branch outside of Gerrit to use
and branch from while we work things out in the coming months, and then
only push the changes to Gerrit when they're ready? Can that separate
branch be within the main ITK 4 repo for easier pulling of changes to
master?

Or do we have to go through Gerrit or create our own parallel repo until
we're ready to starting merging?

Cheers,
Michael