[Insight-developers] Should we use a Gerrit or a non-Gerrit branch for mid-term dev?

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Nov 2 13:06:08 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am not sure why you can't integrate the pieces in as they are ready.
If it is desirable then an extra branch for long term development of
this work could be set up, and review performed there. So instead of
refs/for/master it would be refs/for/your-branch and topic branches
can start from there, and be merged back into there.

Once the long lived topic is ready, the whole thing could be merged.
Gerrit can have as many branches as we wish, but this sounds like a
question for Luis in terms of how he wishes to handle such a large,
long lived topic branch. It would be a shame to sidestep any kind of
review, as it is unlikely to happen at the end when you wish to merge
20,000+ lines of changes in (made up number).

Marcus