[Insight-developers] Wrapping - WrapITK

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Thu Nov 4 10:26:04 EDT 2010

Alexandre -- Tcl wrapping in the abstract would be A Good Thing.  But for
BRAINS development at Iowa the current thinking is to abandon Tcl as a
scripting language and move to Python when we go to ITKV4.  At this point --
no offense -- Tcl hasn't gotten much love from WrapITK, and what Hans told
me is that it wasn't going to be supported in ITKV4.

On the other hand, most of the current BRAINS3 tests are in Tcl and exercise
Tcl wrapping.  Will the new WrapITK change the bindings enough to break
existing code?  If the bindings are intact, testing with BRAINS3 could be
done quickly.

30 Hours on a plane? I can't begin to tell you how much I'd dread such a
thing!