[Insight-developers] Just when I thought I understood gerrit

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 14:45:33 EST 2010

Marcus,

I tried to push a patch to an existing topic. Here is what I did:

1) git fetch http://review.source.kitware.com/p/ITK
refs/changes/02/302/2 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD -b
ConstShapedNeighborhoodIterator-ExposeSuperclass-Methods

2) Edited file, compiled.

3) git commit -m "BUG: Misnamed typedef."
Testing/Code/Common/itkConstShapedNeighborhoodIteratorTest.cxx

4) git rebase -i HEAD~2
   Changed commit message. Picked first commit, squashed second
commit. Retained first ChangeId.

5) git gerrit-push

I get a new entry on gerrit, rather that a patch to the existing one.

I swear I have done this several times. Even once to the topic I'm
trying to patch.
http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,302

You will see several abandoned topics that show my attempts.

Where did I go wrong?

Bill