[Insight-developers] Adding std::tr1 to ITK?

Tom Vercauteren tom.vercauteren at m4x.org
Wed Nov 10 09:40:21 EST 2010

Hi Brad,

I would love to see something like that happen, and I think that
relying on boost TR1 implementation is the way to go. Indeed according
to the documentation, boost TR1 can be used transparently. For the
user (once things are correctly configured), there is absolutely no
difference in whether we use boost's TR1 or the compiler's TR:
  http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_44_0/doc/html/boost_tr1/usage.html#boost_tr1.usage.writing_code
One example, we will not use the boost namespace but the std::tr1 one.

I admit that it will require some work to make the setup seamless but
it should be doable and using the bcp tool might help:
  http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_44_0/tools/bcp/doc/html/index.html

My two cents,
Tom