[Insight-developers] image registration v4 branch

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Nov 10 14:47:44 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 7:06 PM, brian avants <stnava at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi everyone
>
> we would like to express our great appreciation for git & its powers
> by sharing with you the registration branch of v4.
>
> currently, there is only one difference from master v4, so dont
> get too excited.

I only saw one unique commit, and two merges from master. I
cherry-picked this commit onto a topic branch called PICSL, and pushed
the result for you to inspect.

https://github.com/cryos/ITK/commits/PICSL

> acct url: https://github.com/picslITK
> repo url: http://github.com/picslITK/ITK4_PICSL
>
> Cloning:
> git clone git at github.com:picslITK/ITK4_PICSL.git

This is the private URL, and only collaborators would be able to pull
from here. They can use the anonymous Git protocol to clone,

git clone git://github.com/picslITK/ITK4_PICSL.git

> this is where we hope to collaborate, let people review our ideas
> and also experiment.

It would be great if you did this on a named topic, so you could do
the following to get the topic I just created,

git remote add cryos git://github.com/cryos/ITK.git
git fetch cryos
git checkout -b PICSL cryos/PICSL

If for you the Github repository you shared is origin (otherwise
replace it with the remote name you used).

git push origin PICSL

> thanks and let us know if you would like to contribute to this ....
> we should have some interesting stuff in this branch soon.

You could then work on this topic branch collaboratively, merge topics
in to this branch and share it on Github with others. After lots of
feedback at the meeting, we will be producing a simple guide to
sharing longer term topics like this too (I did not address this issue
directly in what I said).

Please feel free to ask if you are having issue with your workflow.

Marcus