[Insight-developers] ITKv4: Windows 64 bits : type "long" fixes: for ITKv4-Alpha-03

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Nov 11 16:20:48 EST 2010

As we discussed during the meeting in Iowa,
we will be cutting the ITKv4-Alpha-03 release
on November 22nd. (just before Thanksgiving).

The main goal for this release is to fix the bug(s)
that prevents us from using images > 2Gb in
Windows 64bits.

David Cole has bravely volunteered to fix this problem
in our Windows 64 bit builds. We anticipate that the
changes will be merged into master by November 19th.

Which means that you will start seeing related patches
appearing in Gerrit in the following days.

Fixing this issue will involve modifications in hundreds
of files in ITK. That's the reason for doing this before
we create topic branches for the major refactoring fronts.

The top level changes will start at

itkIndex.h
itkSize.h
itkOffset.h

where we will replace the types

     unsigned long      and      long

with

     size_t     and    ptrdiff_t

Please let us know if you have any questions
or concerns with this modifications.