[Insight-developers] Fwd: Rogue clang ITK dashboards

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Nov 15 14:01:52 EST 2010

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 12:04:34 -0400, Sean McBride said:

>>His claim is that clang currently works for their stuff, CMake, VXL, GDCM,
>>and VTK. (This is the same clang (from their svn trunk) that is having 272
>>build errors on the ITK dashboard submission.)
>>
>>However, when setting up dashboards for all those projects, errors were
>>found in the project code *and* in clang.
>>
>>I think we should pay attention to this, and push bugs through to the clang
>>compiler guys if we want it to work well with ITK.
>
>To reduce the noise of our clang dashboard, I have disabled all warnings
>(there were >1000).
>
>As for the errors, the best place to start is probably to update to the
>latest VXL.  I see that ITKv4 includes updates to 3rd party dependencies
>like GDCM, tiff, and png, but I don't see VXL on that list...

It occurred to me that I could use ITK_USE_SYSTEM_VXL to get past
this... So I'm changing my clang dashboard to do so.

I quickly tried a build, and it got a little further, then I hit some
errors that I could actually fix (see attached).  Then I got stuck in
crazy template errors.

Can someone review the attached patch?

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com