[Insight-developers] ImageToHistogramFilter issue

Iván Macía imacia at vicomtech.org
Wed Nov 17 04:51:18 EST 2010

Hi David,

For our applications we have been using itk::ScalarImageToHistogramGenerator
with the new Statistics framework, since we suffered the overflow issue with
the previous version. The corresponding multi-component version seems to be
itk::ImageToHistogramGenerator.

Having a look at the documentation of ITK 3.20 I don't clearly see what is
the difference between itk::ImageToHistogramGenerator and
itk::ImageToHistogramFilter. Furthermore, the API for the later seems to be
a bit obscure (SetInput1()? SetInput3()? SetInput5()?). In general there is
a lack of documentation of these filters.

It seems like itk::ImageToHistogramGenerator is not part of ITK 4.0, is this
true? I have been very busy lately and need to put up with all the ITK v4.0
and git stuff but need some time since it seems to be hard :S

Best regards

Ivan