[Insight-developers] 64-bit Windows support

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Nov 17 10:36:10 EST 2010

Hey everybody,

I just pushed a series of patches to gerrit as the initial step in
getting to a 64-bit Windows build that works.

It is not my intent to merge all of these patches as is in gerrit, and
so I am not specifically asking for review on all of them yet.

What I am doing is making my "work in progress" available in gerrit so
that interested parties can pull from there if they want to compile
their own Win64 build, even before the work is "done" all the way. To
get a build that will compile all the way using the 64-bit Microsoft
compiler, pull this gerrit change:
http://review.source.kitware.com/#change,381

I'll keep posting things here, in the related bug (
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=6196 ), and as gerrit
patches.

Right now, I'm reviewing "Code/Common" for uses of "long" and
"unsigned long"... and from there, I'll work my way through the other
directories.

Let me know if you have any specific areas of concern as I trudge through this.

Stay tuned,
David C.