[Insight-developers] Streamlined ITK Git Wiki

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Nov 18 09:31:31 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've just rewritten the Git instructions for ITK on the Wiki.
> The goal of the new layout is to give visitors a clear path
> forward whatever the reason for their visit.
>
> The entry point is still:
>
>  http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git
>
> but is now organized into tasks.  The main "Download ITK" and
> "Develop ITK" links go to streamlined instruction pages.  Each
> page has straightforward instructions with all troubleshooting,
> documentation, and detail links out of the way in a column on
> the right of each step.
>
> If anyone encounters problems with the new instructions please
> bring them up on the developers list, preferably in response to
> this message/thread.

In addition, I committed several updates to the SetupForDevelopment.sh
script, and associated helpers. This was based upon feedback from the
meeting, and includes checking the value of the origin remote,
prompting for name/email address, giving you the opportunity to change
your Gerrit username in the remote and performing SSH authentication
tests (optionally) to Gerrit and the stage.

Coupled with the streamlined wiki instructions we hope they will make
things easier for new and existing developers.

Marcus