[Insight-developers] migration guide

Gabe Hart gabe.hart at kitware.com
Fri Nov 19 10:35:21 EST 2010

Hi Gaëtan,

This is a great (and timely) question.  I'm currently working on getting
this all set up and just finished a first prototype of the XML file
initialization script (attached).  The goal of this script is to
initialize all the fields of the XML file using information from your
git commits.  I'm also in the process of putting together a step-by-step
tutorial of the process at:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/MigrationGuideDeveloperTutorial

At this point, the simple solution should be to put the script in
$ITK_SOURCE_DIR/Migration and run it from $ITK_SOURCE_DIR (might work in
other ways, but not tested yet).  It will ask for a unique name that
describes the change (there aren't many xml files in the Migration
folder yet, so this should be easy to come up with).  The script will
then generate a file in the Migration folder with the initial fields
filled in.  It should be manually edited for conciseness (it is
basically just a dump of info from the git commits).

For information about what should ultimately be in the XML file, see

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/Users_Migration_Guide/Migration_Guide_XML_Format

-Gabe

PS: As I wrote this, I realized that I forgot to make the script handle
the <Title> element, so a revision for that will be forthcoming

--
Gabe Hart
R&D Engineer