[Insight-developers] Need VS help to resolve dashboard link errors

Wes Turner wes.turner at kitware.com
Fri Nov 19 17:22:30 EST 2010

Yep.  It shows up on the shared build.  I got called away, or I would have
answered earlier. The issue seems to be that the import dclspec doesn't make
sense for templated code that gets compiled right into the source (i.e.
there is external shared library from which to import it).  So I cannot set
the modifier on the itkImageExport to be ITKBasicFilters_EXPORT.  It needs
to remain ITK_EXPORT.  But if the base class and the derived class don't
have the same specification, then the signature that VS generated for the
call doesn't match the one assumed within the derived class ...

Of course if I undo your change so that the base class has the same
specification (ITK_EXPORT) as the derived class, it seems to work correctly.

So we may need to refer this to Brad or Dave for a resolution.

BTW: What issue were you trying to address?  Changing ITKBasicFilters_EXPORT
to ITK_EXPORT in itkVTKImageExport.h seems to resolve all the problems, but
that seems to be what it was before you applied your patch.  Am I missing
something?

- Wes

--
Wesley D. Turner, Ph.D.