[Insight-developers] [Insight-registration] vector transformation / reorientation

Matthew McCormick (thewtex) matt at mmmccormick.com
Sat Nov 20 16:13:45 EST 2010

> if there are no opinions about this, then we will probably lean
> towards option 1 which will force people to think about what type of
> reorientation they should use for their data.   on the other hand, for
> some cases where data type is specific enough (e.g. DTI) we would
> prefer option 2.

Hi Brian,

I prefer option 2 because it is too easy to forget to apply the
transformation afterwards.  There are many specific pixel types in
ITK, and we can take advantage of this.  If the wrong pixel type was
chosen, then the use of the correct pixel type should be advocated
when the choice is made.

Regards,
Matt