[Insight-developers] [Insight-registration] vector transformation / reorientation

Matthew McCormick (thewtex) matt at mmmccormick.com
Sat Nov 20 19:00:34 EST 2010

> (b) Estimating the Rotational and Stress component of the
>       deformation field at that pixel location and use it to correct
>       the Vector (or covariant vector) accordingly.  This is
>       essentially based on the Jacobian matrix of the deformation
>       field, estimated at the location of the pixel.

I have a StrainImageFilter that calculates the strain tensor from a
deformation field if it would be of any help.  I assume what is meant
by the 'Rotational and Stress component' are the same as the angles to
the principle strains and the principle strains.  I intend on
submitting this filter to the Insight Journal in the next week or two
after I get another paper out and the following patch gets merged:

http://review.source.kitware.com/#q,status:open+project:ITK+branch:master+topic:BUG0010725_VTKTensors3,n,z

Matt