[Insight-developers] ImageToHistogramFilter issue

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Mon Nov 22 10:49:48 EST 2010

Not directly related, but something in the general vicinity of this bug:

Which I logged when I found that itkSampleToHistogramFilterTest7.  There¹s a
problem with overflow for unsigned types if you set the range to
NumericTraits<TIntType>::min() to NumericTraits<TIntType>::max(). Part if
the problem is that if TIntType is a signed integer type, then

NumericTraits<TIntType>::max() - NumericTraits<TIntType>::min() >
NumericTraits<TIntType>::max()

Another problem that I ran into in the ColorTable class --

int x = NumericTraits<int>::max(); // will not overflow
double intMaxAsDouble(static_cast<double>(x));

// the following will overflow, at least on OS X with GCC 4.2.1
int x = static_cast<int>(intMaxAsDouble);