[Insight-developers] Migration Guide XML Initializer

Gabe Hart gabe.hart at kitware.com
Mon Nov 22 13:25:47 EST 2010

Greetings All,

As discussed at the recent developers' meeting, we're going to be
compiling an in depth migration guide for users to follow when upgrading
from ITKv3.x to ITKv4.  As a part of that step, every developer that
makes a change to the API will be asked to prepare an XML document that
describes the change.  The attached script is designed to make that
process a little easier.  For details on its use, see:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/MigrationGuideDeveloperTutorial

The quick version is that this script should be run once a topic branch
that changes the API is ready to be pushed to Gerrit.  The script will
create an initial XML file which must be manually edited to provide a
coherent Description field.  Once completed, the new XML file should be
committed to the topic branch and the branch should be pushed to Gerrit.

If you find issues with the script, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Gabe

--
Gabe Hart