[Insight-developers] [Insight-registration] vector transformation / reorientation

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 17:11:15 EST 2010

I think Tom's idea is quite nice.   We add a

resampler->SetReorientationStrategy( reorienter );

function to the ResampleImageFilter .... obviously, for most cases, it
would not be needed.

Tom, you mentioned "what can be of interest, especially for image
registration, is the the derivative of this reorientation strategy. It
should indeed come into the computation of the derivative of the
objective function."  and also your FS paper.

I am not sure that we can implement the derivative wrt reorientation
in a general way, though it's possible to implement for some cases,
e.g. FS and PPD.   Did you have more specific thoughts about this?

Also, Luis, should we schedule the tcon for tomorrow?

Brian