[Insight-developers] Gerrit : Abandoning changes.

Matthew McCormick (thewtex) matt at mmmccormick.com
Tue Nov 23 18:26:14 EST 2010

> Hans suggestion at the tcon is that any Gerrit patch
> that goes inactive for more than 7 days should be
> abandoned.

Personally, I think this is a bit quick.

Also, I don't think having an admin abandon patches is the best way of
going about things.  It sometimes can take a good amount of time to
come up with a patch and for reviewers to examine it.  I would prefer
a bug-free ITK to work with versus a short Gerrit listing.

Many of the Gerrit commits seem to sit because of a lack of reviews.
I would please ask an admin to consider providing a review before
abandoning any commit.

The way I have seen Hans handle things so far is model for the way it
is ideally done.  He seems to provide a review if there is not one.
If activity has grown stale, he adds a review to the Gerrit change set
asking for a status update.  This causes an email to be sent to the
submitters and reviewers as a reminder.

My 2 cents,
Matt