[Insight-developers] N3/itkBSplineScatteredDataPointSetToImageFilter problems

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 05:40:42 EST 2010

Hi,
I'm using the N3 bias correction contribution to Insight Journal and
having problems when setting the number of control points to 6. The N3
filter uses itkBSplineScatteredDataPointSetToImageFilter. The error
message when debug is turned on is:

itk::ExceptionObject (0x20e9210)
Location: "void itk::MultiThreader::SingleMethodExecute()"
File: /home/richardb/Build/InsightToolkit-3.20.0/Code/Common/itkMultiThreader.cxx
Line: 475
during SingleMethodExecute
/usr/local/ITK/ITK-3.20_static/include/InsightToolkit/Review/itkBSplineScatteredDataPointSetToImageFilter.txx:530:
itk::ERROR: PointSetToImageFilter(0x20e1b20): The reparameterized
point component 24 is outside the corresponding parametric domain of
[0, 24].

The default setting of 4 control points works, as does 8. Is there a
requirement for number of control points being a power of 2? If not,
then it appears that there must be some sort of rounding error in how
the bounds are figured out. I hope to submit a more detailed report
soon, but thought I'd check to see whether this problem is familiar to
anyone.