[Insight-developers] Patching Utilities/MetaIO?

kent williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue Nov 30 10:30:24 EST 2010

I have a patch ready that addresses the problems people were seeing after I
enhanced MetaImageIO to save and load user-defined MetaData. The problem is
that the important part of the fix changes Utilities/MetaIO.

In past weeks I've coordinated with Stephen Aylward, who puts my patches
into the SVN repository for MetaIO, and from there they get pushed to the
ITK/Utilities version.  But Stephen is pretty busy with other stuff right
now, so I'm wondering is there someone else at Kitware I can coordinate
with?

Beyond this patch set for MetaIO, I have another set of changes based on
enhancement suggestions, and I'm sure in time there will be other fixes. So
maybe streamlining the process of patching MetaIO would be a good thing in
general.