[Insight-developers] ITK wrapping status

Michal Suchanek hramrach at centrum.cz
Thu Oct 14 12:50:29 EDT 2010

Hello

I would like to ask what is the status of ITK wrappings, specifically for Java.

The insight toolkit 3.18 which is in Debian does not have working
wrappings because the wrappings miscompile with gcc currently present
in Debian which is 4.4.

This is reported in Mantis as issue 11129 which is still open.

The workaround would be to rebuild the package with gcc 4.3 which is
in Debian stable soon to become oldstable.

I read about some plan to replace the CSwig wrappings with something
different in ITK 4.0 but currently the build happily configures with
the packaging scripts for 3.18 which configure for CSwig wrapping.

Unsurprisingly ITK 4 does not build for me but that is a different issue.

I don't have much code to port yet so I don't mind going with ITK 4 so
long it works, especially since the wrappings are supposed to be more
complete and thus I would not have to recompile ITK to wrap the
methods I use.

Thanks

Michal