[Insight-developers] Nonuniform spacing transform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Oct 16 14:02:28 EDT 2010

Hi Brian

A) Shouldn't

     Image1 => NuToU1 =>  Affine =>  NuToU2 => Image2

     rather be:

     Image1 => NuToU1 =>  Affine =>  UToNU2 => Image2

     where UToNU2 :  UniformToNonUniformTransform

B) As long as NuTU and UToNU are one-to-one mappings,
     this approach seems to be generic enough.

It may be convenient for the purpose of the software
implementation to distinguish between non-uniform
spacing (variable spacing) and non-orthogonal grids.