[Insight-developers] itkVTKPolyDataReader.h reads ascii only --- why?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Oct 18 13:58:39 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 7:57 AM, wanlin <wanlinzhu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Finally, i have a question in terms of GIFTI data format, which requires
> gifticlib (http://www.nitrc.org/frs/?group_id=75). I am not sure the third
> party software policy of itk, therefore i didn't include the support into
> this version of submission. Do you think we could put gifticlib into
> Utilities for supporting GIFTI IO? Or we could do it latter when this
> functionality was required.

Hi Wanlin,

The LICENSE of Gifti look good:

from the LICENSE.gifti file:
The gifticlib code is released into the public domain.  Developers are
encouraged to incorporate the library into their application, and to
contribute changes or enhancements to gifticlib.

Author: Richard Reynolds, SSCC, DIRP, NIMH, National Institutes of Health
        May 13, 2008 (release version 1.0.0)

http://www.nitrc.org/projects/gifti

in fact,...

It couldn't be better !!!

and the size is quite reasonable:

                        436K

It looks like we could easily include it in ITK.

We only need to tests its portability to
the platforms that ITK supports.