[Insight-developers] Gerrit: Failed to push (no new changes)

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Oct 18 14:08:31 EDT 2010

Sorry, lunch and then a meeting...if you delete a file directly it
will show up as deleted locally. You then have to run 'git rm file1
file2' etc to actually stage the deletion locally. You can then commit
that and you will see that the files are deleted. If git status shows
you added or deleted files it means that those changes have not been
committed yet.

I am guessing you saw in status that they were deleted, but had not
committed that. 'git commit -a' commits all local changes, it is
usually preferable to add the things you mean to commit, but I use
this command switch too at times.

Marcus