[Insight-developers] gerrit: Ouch...my mouse clicking finger is sore ; )

Hans Johnson hans-johnson at uiowa.edu
Tue Oct 19 13:19:16 EDT 2010

So here¹s my experience with gerrit on the 33 patches as part of the
labelmap topic branch.

1. I like the separate patches, and think that from a development point of
view this is definitely the best approach.
2. It was annoying to click so many times to do a review that was so closely
related for every item.
3. Gerrit was mind-numbingly PAINFUL to use in to approve these.  It took
almost 10 minutes to click through each of the review stages pushing the
same buttons, and pasting the same comment.

I know I¹m complaining a lot here, but it is because I really want gerrit to
succeed.  It took me more than an hour to review this topic branch, verify
that it works, and record my approval of the patches.

Hans