[Insight-developers] itkVTKPolyDataReader.h reads ascii only--- why?

Vincent Magnotta vincent-magnotta at uiowa.edu
Wed Oct 20 09:51:40 EDT 2010

Brian,

I have taken the same approach as Slicer with this effort. Essentially a VTK
transform is generated from the direction cosines, spacing and origin. The
VTK image is then set to have an origin of 0,0,0 and spacing of 1,1,1. Once
the mesh is generated, the resulting poly data is transformed using the VTK
transform. The resulting pipeline is then

ITK-Image =>  VTK-Image => Change VTK Info => MarchingCube => VTK-Mesh
=> Transform VTK-Mesh => ITK-Mesh

Vince

Associate Professor
Department of Radiology